BayArea

Meedenker
  • 14Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 9Likes

Is 4G the same as LTE?

Dear Forum,

Can one of you please explain me, if there is a difference between the 4G and LTE labels? In the US they use the term LTE more than 4G. Some forums there say that 4G is just HSPA+ and LTE is the real one. Here in NL I just see 4G all the time.

I think it's just named here differently in Europe. Please enlighten me. Many thanks. You can also write in Dutch. Thanks again.
Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
SamsungExpert
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 4686Posts
  • 439Oplossingen
  • 899Likes
Hi! @BayArea ,

No 4G = 4G - and LTE = 4G.
The thing is names are different and the frequency's LTE and 4G are using.

In Canada or the US carriers will tell you more about LTE and in Europe we are telling you more about 4G.
Europa:800/1800/2600 MHz
Amerika:700/800/1700AWS/1800/1900

LTE-A is called in Europe 4G+ Vodafone is already testing it in Amsterdam. And about the HSPA+ that's more for 3G but 4G and LTE are in fact really 3.9G really wanna see 4G a travel to South Korea could tell you more about it! A travel to South Korea about 6 years will tell you more about 5G while in the rest of the world 5G will be 4.9G :p.

If you really wanna read something die-hard about 4G and LTE: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G#Downloadsnelheid_4G_.28LTE_Advanced.29

Btw: Let me know if i said something wrong ;). Always learning!

Bekijk in context

5 Reacties 5
SamsungExpert
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 4686Posts
  • 439Oplossingen
  • 899Likes
Hi! @BayArea ,

No 4G = 4G - and LTE = 4G.
The thing is names are different and the frequency's LTE and 4G are using.

In Canada or the US carriers will tell you more about LTE and in Europe we are telling you more about 4G.
Europa:800/1800/2600 MHz
Amerika:700/800/1700AWS/1800/1900

LTE-A is called in Europe 4G+ Vodafone is already testing it in Amsterdam. And about the HSPA+ that's more for 3G but 4G and LTE are in fact really 3.9G really wanna see 4G a travel to South Korea could tell you more about it! A travel to South Korea about 6 years will tell you more about 5G while in the rest of the world 5G will be 4.9G :p.

If you really wanna read something die-hard about 4G and LTE: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G#Downloadsnelheid_4G_.28LTE_Advanced.29

Btw: Let me know if i said something wrong ;). Always learning!
BayArea
topicstarter
Meedenker
  • 14Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 9Likes
@SamsungExpert

Wow what a detailed and clear answer. I learned here a lot. Highly useful. Will "impress" my colleagues tomorrow.????

Thank you so much. Enjoy your Sunday.
SamsungExpert
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 4686Posts
  • 439Oplossingen
  • 899Likes
Hi! @BayArea ,

Your welcome! We are here to help!
And thank you for your compliment, I appreciate it :).

Enjoy you Sunday as well.
RuudNL

Liefhebber
  • 650Posts
  • 17Oplossingen
  • 125Likes
@BayArea:

In the US HSPA+ is called 4G, like you can find on some forums.
Here in NL only LTE is called 4G.

So over here, there's no difference between the labels. Funny fact: if you get LTE coverage here in NL using an NL SIM, your iPhone will say "4G". If you get LTE coverage in the US on a US SIM, it will say "LTE" 🙂
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes
Topic gesloten
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic