dgoemans

Ontdekker
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Wallet after changing Phone

I recently changed from an Xperia Z1 to a Oneplus One ( bought online ). On my Z1 I was using Vodafone wallet on a daily basis ( all shops in Leiden station have NFC payment stands ). Since changing my phone I can't even launch Vodafone wallet anymore. It tells me to set it up and when I try, I get an error telling me I have downgraded my device or SIM. I am using the same NFC sim, and so that isn't an issue.

Vodafone's twitter account and store employees don't seem to know much about Wallet and I haven't got an official response telling me the issue. My assumption is that the Oneplus One just isn't in the supported devices list ( despite having the hardware for it ). The problem is that the app doesn't let me go forward, so i can't even go back to using the smartpass sticker that I used to have.

Maybe someone here has a similar experience, or Vodafone actually have someone who can look at the issue?
3 Reacties 3
Maartje
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2859Posts
  • 180Oplossingen
  • 208Likes
@dgoemans

You can use Wallet on your OnePlus One but it's not possible to pay wireless via your NFC-simcard. This function only works on specific devices like for example the Xperia Z1. (see: link)

If you want to use Wallet on your OnePlus One you'll need to have a Smartpass sticker. It's possible that the old sticker doesn't work anymore and that you need a new one. Did you use that sticker on a different phone than the Xperia Z1?
DavidBlaszyk

Gedreven Liefhebber
  • 161Posts
  • 6Oplossingen
  • 33Likes
dgoemans schreef:
I am using the same NFC sim, and so that isn't an issue.
Actually, this is an issue.

As written in the TOS:
Wanneer sprake is van vervanging van het apparaat, de SIM-kaart of het telefoonnummer, of indien het mobiele abonnement bij het meenemen van het telefoonnummer naar een andere mobiele provider zonder nieuw telefoonnummer gedurende een bepaalde resterende periode blijft bestaan, blijft de overeenkomst inzake het gebruik van de App bestaan.

This translates to:
In case you replace your phone, the SIM card or the phone number, or in case you take your phone number to another provider, the agreement for using the app remains.

This means your Wallet account is still linked to your Xperia Z1.
You should contact Vodafone at phone number "1201" to unblock it.
Be prepared that if it's SmartPass related, they'll redirect you to them and their number will cost you some money.
Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 11416Posts
  • 1741Oplossingen
  • 2192Likes
Topic gesloten, wallet is uitgefasseerd
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic