timaxim

Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Mobile internet for tourists

Hi,

I plan to make a trip to NL, BE, DE and LU.
* Does anyone know if tourists can purchase the following package https://www.vodafone.nl/shop/mobiel/prepaid/you-3gb.shtml or similar? I mean, is it possible to purchase this package without being an EU resident and without a local bank account. Can I pay in cash or using an international credit card in a local Vodafone store?
* In addition, since this package is valid for 1 month, it is calculated up to the calendar end of the month or it is considered 30 days from the date of purchase / activation.
* As far as I know, Vodafone complies to the Roam like at Home rule. Can I use this SIM outside NL (still in EU) for a week without a problem, or 7 days is concidered too much outside NL?

Thank You
Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
davod10

Gedreven Meedenker
  • 2448Posts
  • 57Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi,
It's possible to buy this package as a non EU resident in the Vodafone stores because it is a prepaid card and package. Store locator is in Dutch only. You can pay cash or with Visa Card with pincode. 3 Gb package is valid for 30 days, does not matter which day you start using it. It´s valid in all EU countries (plus Switzerland and Iceland) for all 30 days, no restriction, 100% roam like at home)
Keep in mind that many shops do not accept Euro banknotes larger than 50 euro and most ATM's only accept EU bank cards and Visa with activated pincode.

Bekijk in context

5 Reacties 5
davod10

Gedreven Meedenker
  • 2448Posts
  • 57Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi,
It's possible to buy this package as a non EU resident in the Vodafone stores because it is a prepaid card and package. Store locator is in Dutch only. You can pay cash or with Visa Card with pincode. 3 Gb package is valid for 30 days, does not matter which day you start using it. It´s valid in all EU countries (plus Switzerland and Iceland) for all 30 days, no restriction, 100% roam like at home)
Keep in mind that many shops do not accept Euro banknotes larger than 50 euro and most ATM's only accept EU bank cards and Visa with activated pincode.
timaxim
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Thank you very much, you were very helpful.

There is a "Nu met 2GB extra data!" label on the website next to the hyperlink to the 3GB program. Are the additional 2 GB also included or is there a special condition or requirement for receiving or activating the extra 2GB?

Thank you in advance.
davod10

Gedreven Meedenker
  • 2448Posts
  • 57Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
No it's just a bonus 2Gb but I guess this is an offer for a limited time.
Something else: does your phone support the Dutch LTE bands? GSM/LTE frequency bands differ from the US. Vodafone uses mainly LTE band 20 (800 MHz) for long range in villages and LTE band 3 (1800 MHz) in the cities for more capacity. Check GSM Arena if your model supports this bands.
timaxim
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Thanks for the quick response. My flight is this week, so I hope that the additional 2GB offer will continue to be open.
davod10

Gedreven Meedenker
  • 2448Posts
  • 57Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
You are welcome! Enjoy your trip, hope the weather improves because it's pretty cold for the time of year.
Greetings from Holland.
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic